Some practical accident statement tips:
- Complete an accident statement whenever possible, even in the case of an accident abroad.
- Remember that accident statement forms are identical throughout Europe.
- Write legibly using a ball-point pen.
- Complete as many statements as there were vehicles involved.
- Take the time to complete the statement carefully and as precisely as possible.
- Under no circumstances should you admit liability, as this will be assessed by your insurer.
- Avoid contradictions between the sketch and the circumstances ticked.
- Apart from an accident statement and a police report, you must avoid signing any documents in a language that you are not familiar with.