Back of an accident statement
The back of the accident statement is used to complete the information
provided on the front. You must:
- State your name (if you are the insured).
- Specify whether the driver is the insured or not.
- Describe the circumstances of the accident.
- State whether a police report has been drawn up.
- Mention any material damage other than the damage caused to the two vehicles (e.g. third vehicle or public property).
- State the number of injured parties and provide their contact details. In the case of injuries the police should have attended the scene so note down the local station’s address and phone number and the name of the officer drawing up the accident report so that your insurer can consult it more quickly and if you are injured keep supporting documents for any expenses incurred locally.
- Sign the document.