Frontier insurance in France

Drivers that must take out frontier insurance

Frontier insurance must be taken out by owners of motorised land vehicle registered abroad (except for countries whose Bureaux are signatories of the multilateral agreement, the Holy See, San Marino or Monaco) that do not have a valid certificate of insurance taken out in France (temporary insurance) or a valid international insurance certificate (also known as a Green Card).

Where frontier insurance can be taken out

Frontier insurance policies can be taken out with:

Term of cover

Cover lasts for thirty or ninety days, renewable once for the same duration as the initial period (Article R211-24 of the Insurance Code).

Liens utiles